How can we improve Buffer?

Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn targeting (countries, languages etc.)

Please implement the option to target posts sent to Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn. Implement it like the Pinterest board selector where you'll be able to select the audience you want to reach e.g. specific countries, continents etc. and industries, functions etc.

126 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

31 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any bigger company present in different countries needs this feature. So please provide us with targeting - it would really safe us a lot of time.

• BenBen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is the one feature stopping me use buffer. Geo-targeting is a must for me to share the right content with the relevant audience.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Sprout Social offers this, and a lot of other targeting at a simple roll-over. Perhaps you can do what they have as a start? :)

• BufferAdminBuffer (Admin, Buffer) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hey Josep!

Thanks for the nudge :) Unfortunately I don't have much news on this one yet.

I know our product team is really interested in how we can help people surface content to the right people at the right time, so we'll definitely be keeping a close eye on feedback here, but for now we haven't quite had the chance to tackle targeting.

To all - thanks so much for letting us know this is important to you, and please feel free to keep the comments and votes coming. It's all really valuable for us, as we plan further ahead!

Cheers
        Mike

• JosepJosep commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

any news about this topic? we need this feature as we got many international customers. Thanks buffer team! ;)

• Jason SakasciJason Sakasci commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is VERY important to be able to put in a location for my post as it will drive additional traffic to my FB business page. You guys do not offer that feature.

• David FitzgeraldDavid Fitzgerald commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Buffer, this would be a really huge help especially for international companies such as the one I work for. Is there ANY UPDATE on this?

Our Company is located in 3 diffrent countries. If it is possible to target the countries and languages, we would use buffer immediately!!!

This is a no-brainer. We use geo-targeting in so many different use cases and your better competitors have this.

• IdaIda commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is really a "make-or break" feature for us as an international company. We need to be able to target languages or geographic areas with our Facebook posts. I see it's been over a year since this feature was first suggested – any thoughts on moving this forward yet?

• Gert-Jan LasterieGert-Jan Lasterie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, this is critical to us. Especially country-targeting is something that would hold us back from using Buffer at all.

• Pablo ArochaPablo Arocha commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Geo-targeting and language targeting is very important to us and I'm sure many can benefit from it!

• Nate LauNate Lau commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is no longer optional or "nice to have" given Facebook's recent addition of Organic Audience Optimization / Targeting. Like Marta's comment, the implication is that organic Reach will be sub-optimal unless we use audience targeting.

PLEASE move faster on feature parity with Facebook's native publishing tools!

• MartaMarta commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think this should have more votes... It is one of the few reasons I still need to get out of Buffer and schedule posts manually, which goes against the main point for using Buffer.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base