How can we improve Buffer?

Add recurring scheduling

Many Twitter profiles know that it's OK to repeat same tweets when spaced right in time.

As such, I'd like to see a way to set a recurring scheduler that I'm able to set with:
* Specific spacing period (every X hours, days, months)
* Time of posting (e.g. at 9pm on due day.)
* or Timeframe of posting (like any random time from 7pm to 11pm)

This helps with marketing campaigns and sales. If you have a website, store or good tips, you'd want you new followed to know and followers to remember. People forget.

80 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

MarsMars shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

11 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You load up 100 tweets and in runs in a continuous loop. After every loop the tweets are shuffled and sent out again.The user knows he or she is constantly tweeting, but can add a tweet or replace a looped one at any time.

I think this is an especially good feature because we use buffer to avoid twitter! And this is a sort of hands-free way to do it! Thank you!

• Lindsay McKinnonLindsay McKinnon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As to my previous comment, I meant to add that when using the Power Scheduler it takes almost as much time as adding a new post. It also goes in as an additional post, leaving a posting time empty. So if this option is added, it should go into scheduled posting time, or have the option of A) additional post b) to be placed in regular posting time.

• Lindsay McKinnonLindsay McKinnon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As a sole trader I am limited to the number of clients I can take on. I also have a couple of clients who don't have much money and their requirements are very simple. If i can repeat posts on a rolling basis it would save me time and allow me to help clients who are themselves just starting out in business. It would also be in Buffers best interests to add this option as I notice other similar programs offered by other companies have already added it.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Recurring Todoist & calendar style interface sounds like a good approach.

This is the chink in Buffer's armour. Don't want to see Buffer start losing customers with competitors like Edgar on the horizon.

• DickeyDickey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is not helpful unfortunately.

The extension does not do recurring posts e.g. post a link to my article with a picture every week on thursday and automatically pick a random time between 2:30pm and 4pm

• Abram BaileyAbram Bailey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can't believe this isn't possible. Just started a trial with buffer awesome and assumed this would be included.. I just want to set it and forget it.. and add new posts into the mix as we publish them.. I don't want to have to come back to buffer every month and schedule stuff. Honestly can't believe it. Thought this was the whole point of Buffer.

• TanyaTanya commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

True, this is a good suggestion. It is similar to another suggestion, but I like the way this one is worded and the concept would be just as efficient as the concept/suggestions in the other item. The Power scheduler does allow for this to a point - but that would be even more powerful if with a single click you could choose a predetermined schedule to use as opposed to the set times Buffer automatically provides that you then have to edit. Also, Buffer gives you slap on the wrist if you try to power schedule the same post too many times... which is understandable... however, because of the lack of control over the automation of scheduling, the easiest work-around would be to "power schedule" the exact same post a bunch of times and then manually "edit" some of the posts to change the wording slightly. Unfortunately, Buffer stops this from happening by saying "some posts were not scheduled because you shared them too much" basically - really slows the whole process down. Just something to consider :-)

• Tech RankerTech Ranker commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If you add recurring tweets, I would instantly buy the business plan! :-)

Recurring tweets differ from the new scheduler functionality you just released. Here’s how I would use recurring tweets:

* Weekly tweet related to my NFL Picks, for the duration of the NFL Season
        * Daily tweets to my “10 things you need to know for today” article, posted Monday through Friday
        * Multiple tweets during a day related to a contest, for the duration of the contest
        * Monthly tweets related to “top mobile app downloads for the month”
        * Weekly post to my “What to do this weekend” page, posted on Thursdays.

Here’s how I would implement the scheduler:

* Specify start time (m/d/y h/m/s OR NOW)
        * Specify frequency (minutes, hours, weeks, months, etc.)
        * Specify time window (start/end time (8am-10pm), days of the week, etc.)
        * Option to delete previous scheduled posts when next post is created (self-destructing posts)
        * Ability to rotate posts within the scheduled task, using posts saved to a library
        * Ability to dynamically generate a post using common syntax.
        * - For example: “Buffer is {awesome|great}! {Sign up today!|Get a free account now!}”
        * Ability to quickly pause and resume scheduled tasks
        * Ability to add/subtract a few minutes to each post time to vary the post time
        * Ability to duplicate scheduled tasks

• Tech RankerTech Ranker commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If you add recurring tweets, I would instantly buy the business plan! :-)

Recurring tweets differ from the new scheduler functionality you just released. Here’s how I would use recurring tweets:

* Weekly tweet related to my NFL Picks, for the duration of the NFL Season
        * Daily tweets to my “10 things you need to know for today” article, posted Monday through Friday
        * Multiple tweets during a day related to a contest, for the duration of the contest
        * Monthly tweets related to “top mobile app downloads for the month”
        * Weekly post to my “What to do this weekend” page, posted on Thursdays.

Here’s how I would implement the scheduler:

* Specify start time (m/d/y h/m/s OR NOW)
        * Specify frequency (minutes, hours, weeks, months, etc.)
        * Specify time window (start/end time (8am-10pm), days of the week, etc.)
        * Option to delete previous scheduled posts when next post is created (self-destructing posts)
        * Ability to rotate posts within the scheduled task, using posts saved to a library
        * Ability to dynamically generate a post using common syntax.
        * - For example: “Buffer is {awesome|great}! {Sign up today!|Get a free account now!}”
        * Ability to quickly pause and resume scheduled tasks
        * Ability to add/subtract a few minutes to each post time to vary the post time
        * Ability to duplicate scheduled tasks

Feedback and Knowledge Base