How can we improve Buffer?

Nickname accounts

I'd love to label my accounts with nicknames so that I don't get confused by similar names/profile pics.

25 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Open for voting  ·  BufferAdminBuffer (Admin, Buffer) responded  · 

Hi there! Thanks so much for suggesting this, I can definitely see how useful it would be to be able to nickname your accounts. I think we’ll be looking into this very soon, really appreciate the nudge here!

11 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Jill TironeJill Tirone commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please consider adding the ability to nickname accounts! We have very similar accounts and names and it's very confusing to keep them all straight and we've even posted to the wrong account. This feature would be a huge help.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please consider enabling this feature to nickname your accounts. It makes using the mobile app version of Buffer very difficult for me to use.

On that note, please enable a feature to select a set of brand accounts using a keyboard shortcut.

• ValerieValerie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Still a shame that this functionality has still not yet been made available.

I would absolutely need and use this feature! I work with a restaurant franchise and all the pages are named the same as what I can see in Buffer. The ability to nickname would let me use Buffer to it's full potential!

• Joyce LeeJoyce Lee commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is similar to another "nickname accounts" suggestion. Would love to see this function implemented!

• Joyce LeeJoyce Lee commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would love to see this function in Buffer. I use Buffer primarily for business purposes, and this would be really useful in helping me keep track of and see which profile I'm currently in much faster.
        (Unfortunately for me, I spent all of my votes before coming across this idea!)

• James MarshallJames Marshall commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, brilliant idea.

We currently have 18 social media accounts added with only small differences in their names and logos. Account names get truncated with makes locating a specific profile that much more difficult.

Allowing users to use a "pretty" name for each account would be great.

• Bambi WeavilBambi Weavil commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please consider the option to rename each social media profile. For example, I have multiple locations for google plus and it gets confusing to what I am posting on those.

• BufferAdminBuffer (Admin, Buffer) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi there! Thanks so much for suggesting this, I can definitely see how useful it would be to be able to nickname your accounts. I think we'll be looking into this very soon, really appreciate the nudge here!

Feedback and Knowledge Base