How can we improve Buffer?

YOURLS: URL shortening

Any chance that YOURLS (http://yourls.org/) can be added as the URL shortening service? I know many of us host our own URL shortening service via YOURLS, and getting Buffer to use that will keep our branding consistent.

Thanks!

249 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

....Buffering....Buffering shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
    Open for voting  ·  BufferAdminBuffer (Admin, Buffer) responded  · 

Thanks so much for the great idea and comments on this! I can definitely see how useful it would be to have an alternative to bit.ly for link shortening. This isn’t currently on our roadmap but is something that we’re keen to explore in more detail soon. So sorry for the long wait we’re causing, we will keep this idea updated with any progress we make here!

24 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • AleksandrAleksandr commented  · 

Would love to see this feature added! Most popular URL shorteners, such as Bitly, have their already long serialized strings getting longer and longer defeating the very point of using a URL shortener on Tweeter and elsewhere.

• LuLu commented  · 

+1

• David TDavid T commented  · 

+1, bitly isn't useful/customizable like YOURLS is

• Aügzard PhotographyAügzard Photography commented  · 

+1, this is definitely a feature I would use to keep consistent branding for my little company.

• Anonymous commented  · 

+1, would convince me to renew with Buffer.

• Jon HenshawJon Henshaw commented  · 

Please consider adding this. It's probably the last thing that's keeping me from actively using Buffer all of the time.

• Szilárd-Ervin Szőgyényi (Mobilissimo ro)Szilárd-Ervin Szőgyényi (Mobilissimo ro) commented  · 

Please give this option for us! I intend to pay for your services if you implement YOURLS as alternative for Bitly. They are greedy and want tho charge us montly with $1000!

• Arun SathiyaArun Sathiya commented  · 

Bitly works just fine for custom branding, right? What am I missing hehe?

• AndyAndy commented  · 

Any progress with alternative link shortening to Bitly as it can only be used for free with personal accounts. As a non profit / UK charity, our social media budget won't stretch to the cost of Bitly Enterprise.

Is this currently on the Buffer road map?

• Anonymous commented  · 

Would love to use Buffer, but it's a no-go without YOURLS compatibility.

• Steven Popcorn-BennetSteven Popcorn-Bennet commented  · 

Yes Please! I go back to buffer every now and then, to see if this feature exists yet. I'll sign up when it does, for now I just have to post manually to keep my awesome yourls links

• Darryn Danger JonesDarryn Danger Jones commented  · 

I want this so much! I love using YOURLS and having my own cool shortened URLs. I would definitely pay for this feature in buffer, and I'd expect that my wife would as well.

• ChristiChristi commented  · 

This would be ideal. As a non profit organization we cannot afford the 1,000 dollars a month bitly wants to charge us to customize our domain. With YOURLS we could customize our short link and put more of our funds where they need to go...in the field. Please include this feature! Thank you!

• NoodleNoodle commented  · 

Once YOURLS is supported, we'll register with Buffer.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base