How can we improve Buffer?

Multiple queues for the same profile

I would love the ability to have multiple queues for a single profile. This would allow me to schedule specific items to their queue, and potentially automate different items on a separate queue.

200 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

MikeMike shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

34 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • OdeChanOdeChan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This! This is needed so badly!
        I post a daily drawing to each social media on certain times according to the social media's statistics for hours with most online followers so for example
        On Instagram I post: Sunday at 9PM, Mondays at 10PM, Tuesdays at 5PM, etc..
        On Facebook I post: Sunday at 7PM, Mondays at 7PM, Tuesdays at 8PM, etc...
        Additionally there are other posts that I'd like to schedule in between.
        So it would be awesome if I could make a few "schedule streams/queues" that I can set the days and times I want to post at and then when scheduling the post I could pick the stream I want to put my stream in. This way when I schedule in between posts, it doesn't affect already scheduled posts and I could quickly schedule at my preferred times for that social media.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So for Twitter, I have schedule A and schedule B. Schedule A has 5 times, using the optimiser. I plug in all my photo tweets to schedule A. When I write a blog post, I plug those into schedule B, which has a schedule of once a week (or once a day).

This is the feature I want to be added the most by far. For my twitter feed in particular I'd like to have separate schedules for my blog content, articles I find interesting, and my personal tweets.

That would give me the opportunity to do a deep dive into articles in one sitting without having to go back in and readjust times when I start adding in other content.

• stone phillipsstone phillips commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I do my "deep" reading on the weekends and want to have a separate buffer for posting those articles, but don't necessarily want to schedule them for the weekdays (lest people think I read 5000 word articles during work). Would like to have more "breaking news" type posts during those times instead.

• Tore SætreTore Sætre commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My use case for this would be one standard queue, one queue for urgent, one for throwbackthursday, one for monochromemonday, one for weekend long reads etc. Each queue with it's own schedule.

• Tom thomsonTom thomson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would make life so much easier - 1 Queue for the important RSS Blog post feed and important updates and another for adding Twitter Retweets to etc

so Q 1 would be maybe 5 times a day and Q 2 30 times a day

• Mark TudorMark Tudor commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just to double check - it's been two years - this feature doesn't exist yet does it?

• Greg FerroGreg Ferro commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Use Case: Have one queue for snark/humour, one queue for sharing links, one queue for upcoming appearances/events. Then I can fill each queue to dribble out prewritten tweets.

• John AldenJohn Alden commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm interested in this so it can be used like fast and slow lanes on the highway: multiple items of breaking news could be put into the "fast lane" without disrupting traffic in the "slow lane". Combined with the buffer email functionality it would allow content captured in the field to be fed into a fast lane of "of the moment" content without disrupting the background scheduling.

• Scott ClarkScott Clark commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be ideal so that I could vary business posts on ideal times M-F and more casual posts Sat-Sun at ideal times.

I believe this is exactly what I was looking for. I want preschedule one post per day for a full month, then use the buffer extension to share links and articles as I find them without disrupting the pre-scheduled posts.

• Jonathan MelnickJonathan Melnick commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If this is similar to what MeetEdgar are doing, then yes, this is the only feature keeping our agency from moving over.

• Ian IIan I commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I ended up on this thread because I too am looking for exactly this functionality - the ability to categorise my posts into different types and have a stream / schedule for each type. I see (from the end user's point of view) a simple mod to the existing interface that allows me to choose which schedule I am buffering content to, along with the option to give each new schedule I create a unique name (General, Promotions, Word of the Day, W.H.Y.). Perhaps structured so that lower price plans have only maybe 3 or 4 schedules they can switch between, top price plans maybe unlimited schedules? Pretty please....

• Remco DoumaRemco Douma commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Also vote for this one. I'd love to schedule blog posts to a different que that gets sent once a week (or ideally I could schedule once a month), but photos more often.

• William PetruzzoWilliam Petruzzo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I wish I could vote on this a thousand times.

Currently, I'm using multiple different services to schedule posts for different 'streams' of thought. Like, we want to post four or five times a week about our own business. But we want to post about 40 times a week about other people's businesses. So, one service handles posts about us. Buffer handles the general stream. Trying to do them all in buffer requires a lot of manually dragging things around and undermines a lot of the simplicity.

• TanyaTanya commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yup fully agree with this one! Hugely beneficial feature. I had actually sent an email before I saw this thread that says:

I'm just wondering if there are any plans to allow for setting particular schedules for particular purposes? Or if there might be an app/extension that handles this? What I'm looking to do is have Schedule #1 setup for my on-the-go sharing - like when I find interesting content on a website, FB or Twitter etc so that it's spread out with 3-5 posts per day depending on the account. Then to have Schedule #2 that I can add to the same account, specifically for my photo quotes so that I can get them lined up for 1-2 times per day for a couple of weeks or more at a time. Without the two schedules getting mixed up together. From what I can tell currently, even if I setup separate schedules, if I share content and "add it to the queue" it's going to get slotted in for the next available time between any of the available schedules. Where as I'd like to be able to choose which schedule a particular share gets sent to, not just which account.

Sure hope this one gets added to the development list sooner rather than later! :)

• TanyaTanya commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Absolutely, this is exactly what I was just hunting through the FAQs to find out if there was a way to do it. I schedule all sorts of different types of posts to single accounts and I want certain posts to go at certain times without having to manually schedule each one of them. And to have to add a bunch of stuff and then manually rearrange them to get them to the correct times is ridiculously time consuming. So this would be another feature that's at the very top of my wish list! :-) What I'm confused about, is what's the point of having different "schedules" setup when you can't select which one you want to post to. "Adding to queue" just automatically plunks the post in whatever the next available slot is, in any of the schedules. I do understand that you might want to have posts running at slightly different times each day, so at least that feature allows you to give it all a more organic feel. But being able to choose which one of the schedules the post should send to would be awesome. :-)

• ChristineChristine commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, please! This would make it easier for me to control the mix of different types of posts I use. Also, it would allow me to have my best content automatically posted at the best times.

Yes please!!!

I would love to be able to schedule for example - 'follower questions' on a follower question schedule, 'business shoutouts' on a business schedule, etc.... with the ability to set each schedule with its own times etc. This would make life so much easier!

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base