How can we improve Buffer?

New plan - between Awesome and Business plans.

My partner and I both have individual accounts, which cost us a combined total of $20 per month and lets us control 24 accounts.

We'd like to combine the accounts, but your cheapest business plan is $50, and only allows access to 25 account. So for more than double the price, we get one more account. This doesn't seem cost-effective.

I'd like a new plan that allows two team members and 25 accounts.

90 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Savannah BrentnallSavannah Brentnall shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Open for voting  ·  BufferAdminBuffer (Admin, Buffer) responded  · 

Hey folks!

Thanks for all the great feedback, we really appreciate it. I’m keen to share that reviewing our plans and pricing is definitely on the agenda.

I’ve also spotted that we have a few related suggestions about an ‘in between’ plan. Each of them is a little different for what they suggest to include in this new plan, but I was thinking it might be helpful to merge them all together under this suggestion to make it easier for people to keep the conversation all happening in one place. :)

Cheers!
    Mike

65 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • NikiNiki commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Definitely up for this one! I'd love to have another team member (or two) and approved posts... but we are Not For Profit (but not a charity). We can afford $109 a year for Awesome plan which is great, but 10x that for the next plan up is crazy and we don't really need all the extra accounts, just team members and approved posts!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There needs to be a tier somewhere between $100 a year and $1000 a year.

I want to add a team member, and maybe half a dozen more social accounts. A sampling of the pro reporting suitable for a solo marketer would be nice too.

I'd pay double what I'm paying now. But not 10x.

• NatalyaNatalya commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

great idea! really need something in between of individual and business plan. love using buffer!

• Kimberley ShepherdKimberley Shepherd commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Analytics is a must for small business too! And seen as it's just me, I'm not willing to pay for 4 other team members that don't exist at $99 a month lol

• PaulPaul commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Making add-ons available would be a great fix and more cost-effective if priced right.

• Richard NewtonRichard Newton commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Should we perhaps create a feature tick list to get this right. I know Buffer has the pricing / feature combo wrong but there are a number of good ideas here that could help create the lower tier and entry level plans that are needed. Essentially users should find progression both easy & affordable with the right USPs.

• Richard NewtonRichard Newton commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My suggestion is two-fold. (1) is to turn Awesome into starter at half the price. (2) The second is to position a new plan where Awesome currently is but take the cap off the queue length. The soloists and one man biz should get a leg up from buffer not to mention all the indie journalists, activists and socio-political people who help to put balance into our world.

• PhilPhil commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yep - a plan between $10 and $99 would be awesome. (It's a big jump in price.) Don't need the team members. Need more social accounts.

Hi Guys,

Suggest that you add a plan in between 10$ and 99$. I feel the rise from 10$ to 99$ is too steep for people who start the operations from the scratch. Consider this please.

• kollakolla commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add me to the list of people that would like an in-between plan. I need a bit more than awesome, but less than business - and too boot I'm on a tight budget for it. Thanks Buffer!

I pay 10 $ for 10 Social Account but will not pay 99 $ for 25 Social Account .

I need 15 Social Account and a lower price

I pay 10 $ for 10 Social Account but will not pay 99 $ for 25 Social Account .

I need 15 Social Account and a lower price

• JennJenn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Wow, the Business plan has doubled in price since the last time I looked. I thought there needed to be an in-between option then, with a few more social network slots. Now the disparity is much bigger.

I hate to say it, but I'm not sure what you get with this $99 plan that you don't get with Hootsuite's $35 plan. 5 more social media slots, but as others are pointing out, it makes more sense to just get two Awesome accounts. Or switch completely over to Hootsuite, which I'm already using to monitor my social media.

Don't get me wrong - I love Buffer. I'm just not sure your pricing makes sense, but maybe that's just me.

• BufferAdminBuffer (Admin, Buffer) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thanks so much for all the thoughtful comments here folks. :)

I'm currently on our company retreat, where discuss the future of Buffer. All the feedback here has been awesome inspiration. Really appreciate it!

- Mike from Buffer.

We subscribed to the 100$ plan because it felt this is what we needed even if we found it expensive. We are a team of three with 2 brands so it was convenient to have all the account at the same place. But as a start up you have to look at your expenses and as an ecommerce store we have a lot of expenses here and there. Scheduling our post is something important but is it really worth 100$ at the moment for us ? So now we will downgrade to two awesome plans, without the ability to have them under the same account but we will deal with that because in general buffer is a really cool tool to use.

So to get right to the point, an account in between the awesome and the small would be great and I think you have a good example of you loosing a little bit of business because we would subscribe to a plan in between at maybe 30$-40$ and so you'd be making more from us every month + we would be more happy..

Hope this helps..
        Btw, good job on the app, we really enjoy using it !

• samsam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree—it'd be nice if y'all offered a plan between Awesome and Business that included reporting. With or without the nonprofit discount, the Business plan is a full 10x the price of the Awesome plan. Even for a small nonprofit (~20 team members) with a multi-million dollar budget (like the last organization I worked for), that's an enormous amount of money to spend every month for simple social reporting. Just a thought.

• AaronAaron commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm starting my own agency and need something in between the Awesome and Business plans. I don't need more user seats but would like to manage between 5–10 accounts AND get basic analytics. Awesome provides the number of accounts I need, but I can't afford the Business plan for the insights piece—not yet, at least. Something in-between, or the ability to have a custom plan created, would be incredibly helpful and would probably make me a brand advocate.

← Previous 1 3 4

Feedback and Knowledge Base