How can we improve Buffer?

Tagging photos in scheduled posts for twitter

If you could offer us the opportunity of tagging accounts in the photo of the scheduled post. This would be a super greAt help for me which helps getting more retweets for the accounts I manage.

290 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Nasab El-EterNasab El-Eter shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Waiting on API access  ·  BufferAdminBuffer (Admin, Buffer) responded  · 

Thanks so much for the votes and comments on this one! I know that tagging people in photos is something that would be amazing to handle through Buffer.

At the moment, Twitter has not added this to their API support for third party tools like Buffer, so photo tagging is currently only available directly through Twitter.com. We’d be really eager to add this as soon as possible and will keep you all updated if anything changes!

Cheers,
    Patrik

43 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Matt RoslerMatt Rosler commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

While twitter doesn't allow for this due to the API, is it possible that if users publish a post directly on the twitter platform that Buffer can scrape this into its platform and account for the engagements for that post. Ultimately this would be important for overall reporting.

• ClaireClaire commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi! Any news on this? This feature is so important to many of us!

I'm just starting on Buffer and this might actually be a deal breaker when the decision comes to subscribe to an 'awesome plan' or not...

• Kim McGrathKim McGrath commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, please! With our use of Buffer in higher ed it's becoming a critical feature in order to tag all the people we need to tag and still be able to share our message - I worry we may have to give up Buffer for another service that lets us schedule tagged photos in advance. (tweet deck?) I love Buffer but when my boss has to set her alarm for midnight to tweet an embargoed story because she can't schedule a tweet with tagged photos, it's not good.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same for us, we need to do it manualy, for each post when it comes to photo tagging on twitter posts

• Gemma JoyceGemma Joyce commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It'd be really useful to be able to tag people in photos when you schedule them like you can when you tweet from Twitter

• KamilaKamila commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We'd love this feature for Instagram posts too! Really inconvenient not being able to do this through Buffer.

Not having this feature limits my use of buffer to only post when a tagged image is not present (virtually never)!

I typically tag those relevant to the post!

Please incorporate!

on twitter, when I post a photo, I can add people's tags - "who's in this photo" - is that something that Buffer will be doing too? Or can I already??

• Laura Supalla GilchristLaura Supalla Gilchrist commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Rethinking my tweets. Was planning to tag tons of people in tweet images and schedule them here. I see I cannot do that. Will this be a reality in the future? Is it something you can add? Thank you!

I seriously wish this existed. It would be so helpful to tag appropriate sales team members when posting images about events in different areas

This is an essential feature & the reason so many people are not able automate their shares on Twitter. This would cause us to upgrade to a paid account if this was a feature, but as it is we have to share half our content manually to include tagged accounts and location data.

• Grace HongGrace Hong commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We highlight and tweet a lot of global collaborations. Tagging in photos will definitely help - we are very keen on doing that in Buffer once it's possible!

• Guti SiempreGuti Siempre commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd love to have that feature. That's also a must for me to get more attention,credits and feedback !

It's so sad to hear that Buffer heard about this suggestion almost 5 months ago and still have done nothing about it but I still love what Buffer does anyway.

Keep up the good work !

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base