How can we improve Buffer?

Get suggestions based on keywords

Be able to get suggestions to posts based on specific keywords. e.g. if my app is about making animated Gifs, I'd like to see articles with that keyword to share... not just a general topic.

161 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

EidoEido shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

10 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Given how old this request is, I'm not hopeful it will be implemented, but I agree that current content suggestions based on just the feeds (with zero filtering, keywords) is useless. Seems like a simple add-on to include keywords to help filter the content suggestions, but if course that's easy for me to say :)

• 37solutions37solutions commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

DrumUp.io has something like this and I would consider buying the Agency upgrade if Buffer had it too. I'm currently using it there and it's great to just type in keywords and share content that matches. I've had a large increase in followers since I've started. It's much easier/better than adding specific "feeds" to my account.

• RickyRicky commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm glad this has been suggested. I would like to see this as I find the suggestions do not match the content of my media.

• Andy CiordiaAndy Ciordia commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Voted. I'm a confectioner/chocolate maker. All the suggestions are for business and technology. How is that a suggestion? ;)

• Theo ReichgeltTheo Reichgelt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The suggestions are useless the way they are now. Would be great to get suggestions based on keywords you can set yourself. Even better would be the ability to use Twitter searches so you can build search queries yourself and use the results to schedule new posts.

• BCC SoftwareBCC Software commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Related: if you were able to discern trending topics from within the network of people I follow, that would be huge. Sprout does something similar and it was the only reason I even considered them.

• santosh kumarsantosh kumar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Something I have been wanting from @buffer eagerly. :):) Hope they are in process to make it happen.

• BufferAdminBuffer (Admin, Buffer) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a really great idea, thanks so much for suggesting it! I can see how useful it would be to have the ability to tailor suggestions a bit more personally. This is something that we're thinking a lot about right now as we work on improving content suggestions!

• PatPat commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add articles on personal life style, i.e. diet, weight loss, exercise

Feedback and Knowledge Base