How can we improve Buffer?

Suggested hashtags

On sharing, based on post's words the (mobile or web) app can suggest some hashtags.

353 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

EdwinEdwin shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
    Started!  ·  BufferAdminBuffer (Admin, Buffer) responded  · 

Hey everyone,

A long overdue update here from me here!

I’m excited to say we’ve started exploring hashtag suggestions in a few ways.

We’ve just recently introduced suggested hashtags for Twitter in the Buffer Extension, and are exploring suggested hashtags in our mobile apps too (you can try them out on iOS right now!)

We’ll continue to work on bringing them to other parts of Buffer too – thanks for the feedback you’ve all provided so far!

Cheers,
    - Mike from Buffer

31 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Nuttapong Tum TuenchittNuttapong Tum Tuenchitt commented  · 

I suggest you should add Hashtag suggestion, also as save a preset of hashtag to use it in posts.

• Dylan HuntDylan Hunt commented  · 

Yeshh or canned text at the end like a website if not hashtags

• Manish BhatiaManish Bhatia commented  · 

I was wondering if there is anyway to add some default hastags to our account which automatically get added to the buffered posts? If there is no such feature at present, I request you to consider adding this feature. It would be very useful for websites working in a special niche and will remove the need to manually add hashtags that are niche specific. Thank you!

• Dan AngelescuDan Angelescu commented  · 

The services are great. Buffer makes a big difference and it helps a lot to grow actually your social media accounts.
        Good job guys !

• Anonymous commented  · 

This would be awesome, so useful!

• @bizdevjedi@bizdevjedi commented  · 

yes yes, this! #hashtags are VITAL for marketing -- and buffer really needs this! thanks

• Matt DotsonMatt Dotson commented  · 

I want a #hashtag tool that can help me add hashtags quickly and easily. Also the ability to suggest trending hashtags to me. What hashtag should I focus on? Also, a way to see how my hashtags are doing.

• Charles ForsterCharles Forster commented  · 

Currently in Buffer, you can enter hashtags, but they don't autocomplete or suggest hashtags like it does natively in Instagram.

It would be awesome to type in #car for example and have it give you suggestions for hashtags that start with car, plus the count of how many people are using those hashtags.

• Mark NMark N commented  · 

It would be awesome if you could provide a list of relevant and popular hashtags so that posts get more interest on their chosen plateforms.

• David BrodwinDavid Brodwin commented  · 

let it be based on the words in the post, and/or let the user type in some words. This would save a lot of time.

• Anonymous commented  · 

This is something we absolutely need :-)

• KAKA commented  · 

Please add automatic hashtag suggestions into Buffer!!!It would be super handy for a lot of our users I think!

• PeterMTaylorPeterMTaylor commented  · 

Would this idea then become a list of hashtags over time that is trending? May this help writers to find common ground for writing stories?

• Anonymous commented  · 

It'd be great if there were a way to get hashtag recommendations. Other than that, it's been working great. I've been torn between recommending that my team sign up with Buffer or RiteTag though mainly because of the hashtag issue. RiteTag also provides an estimated reach/impressions count that auto-updates as I compose my Tweet based on the popularity/trendicity of the hashtags and handles I include in the message.

• @bizdevjedi@bizdevjedi commented  · 

oh yea, this is a no-brainer -- phase2 offer suggested tags based on my posts &/or the content of the post

• Mansur / mansurpgMansur / mansurpg commented  · 

Suggesting hashtags would be a huge help when using Buffer and increase relevance of tweets.

• Anonymous commented  · 

And also allow the user to set pre-loaded hashtags of their choice for every tweet

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base