How can we improve Buffer?

Facebook/LinkedIn Tagging

Right now I can tag a twitter user, but it won't properly reciprocate to Facebook, LinkedIn and Google+ (hence they will not be notified that I'm talking about that page or person).

This is stopping us from adopting this more broadly and still go in after and have to tag manually.

696 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Rob SandieRob Sandie shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
    Started!  ·  BufferAdminBuffer (Admin, Buffer) responded  · 

Hey everyone!

A brief update on tagging coming your way. :)

We’ve run into a couple of technical hurdles, but have started testing Facebook page-to-page tagging in the Buffer Extension. Right now it is limited to alpha testing, so we haven’t opened it up yet as a public beta just yet.

For more details, head on over to the card on our Public Roadmap: https://trello.com/c/kFiNex0J/24-mentions-for-facebook-pages

We’re bundling this new feature with some other upgrades to the dashboard composer, which we expect will be rolling out closer to the end of Q2 / start of Q3. Sorry about the vagueness, it is a bit of a moving target right now.

Thanks for your stellar patience. :)

Cheers,
    Mike

52 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Kelly PolkKelly Polk commented  · 

Where can I vote to Facebook to allow such integration?

• Klaudia AmenábarKlaudia Amenábar commented  · 

Other than being able to customize the thumbnail photo & headline/copy, tagging in the description for Facebook and LinkedIn is ESSENTIAL. Please fix this, Buffer!

• Dan KassisDan Kassis commented  · 

I totally agree. Let's hope Buffer's influence will move LinkedIn and Facebook to update their APIs.

• Anonymous commented  · 

This is really the only thing stopping me from using Buffer. Pls add!!

• BenBen commented  · 

LinkedIn still doesn't allow tagging through the API. I haven't seen Facebook allow it within their API either as of right now. Sadly, until they add that, Buffer can't integrate it into the product we all love.

• TaylorTaylor commented  · 

Yes, we need this as well! This is something that will stop us from using Buffer at our company. This is a necessity for us as we are publishing photographer's photos and need to give them proper credit.

• erp247@gmail.comerp247@gmail.com commented  · 

This is a real problem for us at my job, as I am the entire marketing team, and Buffer is a godsend--for everything but Facebook. Our Facebook strategy is the one place that's really lagging because it's impossible to do all this social in real time, and this would help immensely.

• Joe McCannJoe McCann commented  · 

Really would love to see this.

I'm more than happy to write one post for all, then edit them individually for the tags.

I was actually thinking I could do that already but proved not

• ÅsaAdminÅsa (Customer Happiness @ Buffer, Buffer) commented  · 

Thank you for adding your idea here Rob! We would also love to be able to tag, would be such a wow experience! Unfortunately the API's doesn't allow for this yet. Please keep your fingers crossed that this will change down the track.

Warmly,
        Åsa

1 3 Next →

Feedback and Knowledge Base