How can we improve Buffer?

Facebook/LinkedIn Tagging

Right now I can tag a twitter user, but it won't properly reciprocate to Facebook, LinkedIn and Google+ (hence they will not be notified that I'm talking about that page or person).

This is stopping us from adopting this more broadly and still go in after and have to tag manually.

696 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Rob SandieRob Sandie shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
    Started!  ·  BufferAdminBuffer (Admin, Buffer) responded  · 

Hey everyone!

A brief update on tagging coming your way. :)

We’ve run into a couple of technical hurdles, but have started testing Facebook page-to-page tagging in the Buffer Extension. Right now it is limited to alpha testing, so we haven’t opened it up yet as a public beta just yet.

For more details, head on over to the card on our Public Roadmap: https://trello.com/c/kFiNex0J/24-mentions-for-facebook-pages

We’re bundling this new feature with some other upgrades to the dashboard composer, which we expect will be rolling out closer to the end of Q2 / start of Q3. Sorry about the vagueness, it is a bit of a moving target right now.

Thanks for your stellar patience. :)

Cheers,
    Mike

52 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Tex JerniganTex Jernigan commented  · 

Yes, want to tag people and companies on LinkedIn/Facebook!

• Anonymous commented  · 

Being able to mention companies on LinkedIn via buffer

• BufferAdminBuffer (Admin, Buffer) commented  · 

Hey Inge :)

We're not quite there yet but getting closer! Thanks for hanging in there with us, I'll keep ya'll updated with any news.

- Mike from Buffer

• IngeInge commented  · 

Are we there yet....? :-) We are dying to get started with this!

• JonJon commented  · 

Ability to mention people/pages within Buffer for LinkedIn and Facebook. Only thing that prevents posting within Buffer 100% of the time.

• HCHC commented  · 

c'mon!!! I need this, I'm spending so much time retagging.

• Katrina FoxKatrina Fox commented  · 

Glad to hear the back end has been built out. What does 'soon' mean? I ask because you've been saying you hope to roll it out for several years now.

Hey everyone! Thanks again for all the feedback :)

I just wanted to provide a quick update on the Facebook side of things; we've been approved by Facebook to implement page tagging and the back end has been built out. After applying some more polish and testing, we'll hopefully be rolling this out soon!

Cheers,
        Mike

• JSJS commented  · 

Yes I can't believe this is not available, it's like having a car with only two wheels. I just signed up for a trial but unfortunately this alone means the great interface is useless for us, if it's fixed sometime, i'll give it another go for sure.

• CarlCarl commented  · 

Agreed!! Considering changing software for this reason plus the LinkedIn image issue.

• Anonymous commented  · 

I really like using Buffer but honestly not being able to tag other pages is extremely frustrating. Hootsuite, Sprout Social, all the other social media schedulers have been able to get this integration going. Why the delay here? The importance for engagement especially with niche businesses is crucial - don't want to have to switch software, but the reality is that it's extremely likely if this isn't resolved.

• Balint HorvathBalint Horvath commented  · 

Same here, Buffer is useless for me for scheduling with LinkedIn as I cannot mention persons within my post. This would increase the engagement of my post as the person who I mentioned will probably like the post and this way I also notify him that there's a post about him.

• Paul WattsPaul Watts commented  · 

I'm very new to Buffer, I really like the platform and it's ease of use. I agree wholeheartedly with this thread, I would very much like to be able to tag people on FB and Twitter in the platform.

I can manually do this in FB afterwards, (which defeats the purpose of Buffer) and there is no way to do it in Twitter afterwards.

Please add this feature as soon as possible.

Thanks so much for the amazing comments here, really sorry for my delay in following up! Wanted to share that we're currently hoping to add Facebook tagging soon, and are looking at ways of making this work intelligently with Twitter and potentially other social networks down the road. Will add more details here once we get closer to having this ready to roll out!

• Anonymous commented  · 

This would also allow us to not be restricted by the Twitter 140 character limitation for Facebook. See my related suggestion.

• Col MorleyCol Morley commented  · 

Hi, just wondered if it was possible within the message scheduled to have an @whoever? Id like to tag people with each message if possible? Many thanks in advance!
        Col

• Anonymous commented  · 

If Facebook api doesn't allow tagging, why does Hootsuite have this feature?

• Kimberley ShepherdKimberley Shepherd commented  · 

Really disappointed that tags don't translate through to fb automatically... having to retag them after posting is going to be a right pain :( Also... I'll likely forget and lose valuable reach.

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base