How can we improve Buffer?

Draft Posts

A 'draft' function would amazing. Somewhere to save half-formed posts that you can go back to at a later date and add links, images or video, and then schedule them up as normal.

It'd be a lifesaver for those working long-lead who receive assets for posts last minute. I have notes all over the place reminding me to Buffer tweets when I receive a certain image or when a page finally goes live!

943 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

EmmaEmma shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Started!  ·  BufferAdminBuffer (Admin, Buffer) responded  · 

Hey folks,

Wow, it has been awesome to see all the support for this feature. Thanks so much.

I’m keen to share an update :)

We are currently working on a new team collaboration tool for Buffer for Business, which will include the ability to create Draft posts. We’re really pumped to make collaborating on posts with your team a whole lot easier.

If you’d like to keep track of how it’s shaping up, feel free to follow it out on our Transparent Roadmap: https://trello.com/c/4hkUzyAJ/30-draft-posts ((it’s a public Trello board)

Thanks for all your input and patience!

Cheers,
    Mike

67 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be super helpful! Our product line changes, so sometimes I need to delete a tweet from my queue. It would be great if instead I could save it to drafts so I can use it again later when we're ready.

• JonJon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If we can have a Draft / save for later function in Awesome for us tiny businesses, solo people, it would be super helpful. Already there in the app!

• J Michael EugenioJ Michael Eugenio commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When will we be able to use this feature? It's pretty vital to what we do, even without the collaboration features like commenting, and we don't want to have to use a product like Later just because this feature hasn't been rolled out. Is there any way we can be beta testers?!

Thanks!
        Michael

• BufferAdminBuffer (Admin, Buffer) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hey Lauren, Lisa and Kirsten,

Thanks so much for the comments and I can totally understand your disappointment.

Because the "drafts' feature is part of a larger collaboration tool for teams, it made sense for us to release it for teams (Buffer for Business) first.

It mightn't be much consolation but I definitely don't want to rule out having some sort of drafts feature for other plans too (like we have in our mobile apps). We're just focusing on this collaboration tool first, and hopefully we'll learn a lot from releasing it for Business customers.

Cheers for keeping the conversation going. :)

Mike

• LisaLisa commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Really disappointed that this isn't going to be available to those of us on the Awesome plan.

• Lauren GoldsteinLauren Goldstein commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

While I was initially excited to see the update I think it completely ignores the rest of us that are not on buffer for business. I can almost guarantee that 90%+ of the people who want this won't actually benefit from your "proposed solution"

• DejaDeja commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Need this feature!! It's cool that it's on the ios but I want it on my computer.

• BufferAdminBuffer (Admin, Buffer) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hey there!

Thanks so much for the suggestion, I can totally see how this would be useful!

If I'm reading things right, I think this might be similar to another popular request - for "Draft Posts". This is our most requested feature on UserVoice!

https://buffer.uservoice.com/forums/257855-feedback-and-ideas/suggestions/6215762-draft-posts

I'm going to go ahead and merge your idea with this one :)

Thanks again and please keep the great ideas and feedback coming!

Cheers,
        Mike

For example, I schedule something for next week, but I need to add a link that I don't have yet or maybe edit some copy, or add an image, I could put a red flag in it and know that I have to look at it again before being posted. And it could also send a notification.

• Kat IngallsKat Ingalls commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is the only thing I'm really missing, even in Buffer Pro. I love being able to quickly add quick snippets, links, or photos to my Buffer / social media calendar. But the mindsets for grabbing links / collecting inspiration and the one for writing copy are totally different.

I've been surprised by Buffer auto-posting a half-written post more than once!

I'm still stuck using Google Sheets for planning ahead because this feature is missing. Plano.ly has been amazing for scheduling Instagram posts (check out how they let you draft posts!). But obviously would love to just be able to use Buffer!

I was pointed to the android workaround under Cancel/Save. Not intuitive, but better than a post-it note. It got the (important) job done.

• elieli commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm able to find the drafts section by using the app..would be super to have this available online.

A way to create posts without specifying the date and time yet. Ability to specify a date and time in the future. Ability to make posts to store and can put in date and time when I want to.

• Francisco MerinoFrancisco Merino commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've been using Buffer 'draft' feature on mobile for several months, I usually find myself wanting to share more than 10 things at a time. Last week I had more than 36 drafts but after reinstalling Buffer app (I had to do a clean installation of Android 6.0.1) I found myself with 0 drafts :( For some reason, I thought our drafts were synced and store in the cloud. My mistake, but I would love to see this in the near future! I think something like what Christian Karasiewicz mentioned (April 13, 2016) would be great :)

• Theresa McCaffreyTheresa McCaffrey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be great if this could work in a similar way to saving posts on FB, I save loads of FB videos, pics and articles to share from buffer when I have time to schedule. Saving takes a second, scheduling takes longer as we want to add our own comments.

As a team we could then create a library of relevant content to schedule without duplicating.

• Christian KarasiewiczChristian Karasiewicz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We definitely need this feature. I've spent time entering posts into Buffer on mobile and was thinking - they've thought of that for sure, only to find out it's not there. I would also like to see a Pablo By Buffer mobile app and make everything sync. Start a draft in the Buffer app, make them available from the desktop. Need to add an image using Pablo by Buffer, access your drafts and continue editing regardless of whether you're on a desktop or on mobile.

← Previous 1 3 4

Feedback and Knowledge Base