How can we improve Buffer?

The ability to schedule the same post for multiple times and dates in one go, instead of one post at a time.

597 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

LaurenLauren shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Exploring  ·  BufferAdminBuffer (Admin, Buffer) responded  · 

Hey folks!

Thanks so much for your patience here and I’m really sorry it has taken me so long to update this thread.

We’ve mentioned a couple of new features relating to this request, and I’d love to provide an update on both.

1) The Power Scheduler.

The Power Scheduler is still available to use in the Buffer Extension. Thanks for all the feedback you’ve provided on it so far – it has got us thinking a lot about how to support people who want to deliver great content across different social channels. It’s likely we’ll be revisiting the Power Scheduler again at some point, but for now I don’t quite have a timeline for any major updates or changes.

2) The Content Library

This was a beta feature that we were trialling last year that enabled folks to repeat the same post multiple times from within the Buffer dashboard. We made the tough decision to shut it down while it was in beta. Feel free to read more about the reasoning here – https://buffer.com/content-library-shutting-down

I’ve been really fortunate to have worked on both the Power Scheduler and the Content Library, and the product team is keeping a close eye on all the emails, comments, tweets and messages we’ve been getting about scheduling multiple posts (thank you!). It is definitely something we want to tackle in a thoughtful way when the time is right, but in the spirit of transparency, right now we are quite focused on refining our current scheduling tools, in particular making it easier to share unique and authentic content tailored to each social channel.

I’d love to keep the conversation going here and switch this one back to “Exploring”. Please don’t hesitate to continue leaving feedback, it is all super valuable as we plan out our roadmap for the rest of the year!

Thanks so much :)

Cheers
    Mike

60 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • PhilipPhilip commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I wonder why this isn't happening? It's a fact of life that some posts need to go out, say, twice a day for different time zones. (Maybe even more frequently.)

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please come up with a way to DUPLICATE and REPOST THE SAME POST MULTIPLE times/dates....so time consuming to do the same post over and over

• Dylan RobertsonDylan Robertson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've found the Power Scheduler to be confusing. For example, it lets me schedule multiple times for a tweet, but then when I try to save them, it gives me an error message that I had scheduled the tweet too frequently. It should have not allowed me to set it like that in the first place. Then, it was unclear whether or not any of the tweets were saved or not and I had to manually go hunting through the desktop web dashboard to confirm. This needs a lot of work, but I haven't been able to notice much progress over the past 6-months.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Doesn't seem to work for Pinterest. When I scheduled a bunch of pins, the source automatically reverts back to the buffer.com link. Need to go in and manually fix each link . Frustrating as all heck.

• June LimJune Lim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The Power Scheduler tab in the Chrome extension does not work for me when I click the Add To Buffer button on Twitter. Does anyone else have the same issue?

• worldjonesworldjones commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When can we expect this to be part of the Buffer site UI? This would be insanely helpful!! Thanks,
        worldjones

• ThatGuyKCThatGuyKC commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I like how this works in the extension, but it needs to be added natively on the Buffer app dashboard.

• Stephanie HowesStephanie Howes commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If I had one wish, I would wish for a thousand more wishes which I would then use to get more votes to give this feature. This would be so helpful.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

what are the limits on the scheduling? I scheduled 8 tweets in one month and then tried to add 1 at 3 months and it said I scheduled too many... ??

• Vinny TroiaVinny Troia commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Oktopost has this down to a science. How about you guys add the ability to bulk imprort, too? That would make this worth every penny.

• David ZetterDavid Zetter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I added an additional profile, but already have many scheduled posts. I would like to add the additional profile for all of these posts. How can this be done.

• KnutKnut commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The way you implemented it is to be honest a really really bad joke. Sorry. That is just plain simple unusable.

• R MunroR Munro commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is surely a must. Sprout Social have this and I think they will be adding video tweets soon.

• Cole HarrisonCole Harrison commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The new feature is cumbersome. It makes me paste in the text of the tweet 4 times and attach the image 4 times. Once I've done that once, make that content the default if I click the plus sign for another one.

• halhal commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This really needs to be available in the regular scheduler not just the extension. I rarely use the extension and when I do it's mostly for one time stuff. The stuff I create myself with images that I want to use multiple times is posted through the main site. Also, there needs to be more options like add to queue but in X days, post every wed for 3 weeks, etc. even the ability to dupe one in the calendar and move to another spot in the calendar would be good.

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base