How can we improve Buffer?

Cheaper upgrade plan for a longer queue

I"d like a longer queue, but $100 for the Awesome Plan is just too much.

I understand that you offer a LOT for the $100, but I really only want the longer queue.

I'd be willing to pay significantly less than $100 and get nothing more than a longer queue.

209 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Cariad EcclestonCariad Eccleston shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

28 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • BufferAdminBuffer (Admin, Buffer) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hey Matt (and everyone!)

Thanks so much for the feedback and sharing your thoughts. I can really empathize with your situation and we have lots of room to improve with our pricing and plans.

It's certainly a tricky one balancing the needs of different customers and I know our Growth team thinks about this a lot. To give a bit of an update, I don't think we'll see an a cheaper version of the Awesome plan in the short term. Perhaps down the track we might look into it, and we'll continue to monitor feedback in the meantime. Sorry to not have a better update for you all!

There's also another suggestion here about a plan between Awesome and Business too, which might be relevant as well: https://buffer.uservoice.com/forums/257855/suggestions/6501040

Feel free to keep an eye on that, and on our transparent product roadmap for any updates and discussion: https://trello.com/b/PDIV7XW3/buffer-transparent-product-roadmap

Thanks so much :)

- Mike from Buffer

• MattMatt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Has there been any movement on this at all? Us solo bloggers who do it for the love and passion of blogging can't justify 100 bucks a month, I mean it's not even open to consideration regardless of the perceived value.

• Katherine C.Katherine C. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed, all I want is the queue functionality, but I really can't justify the price at this time. I would happily pay like $5 for just the 100 queued posts.

• @IntrovertIN@IntrovertIN commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Maybe something intermediate for $1-2 per month with a limit on number of days for which you can plan ahead your posts... - like no more than 30-40 posts but also whole queue for no more than 5-7 days... this shall be enough for small bloggers who don't really earn much or do it only as a hobby... and would still not be enough for those who earn on internet and get a tangible ROI from social media..

• Mitch WagnerMitch Wagner commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm already paying for Awesome and would like to go more than 100 posts in a queue at a time, but I can't justify paying $100/mo. for the privilege. Would be happy to pay a few extra dollars a month for a much higher cap.

• Jaimon JoseJaimon Jose commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm also looking for a cheaper pricing for personal use. It will be great as a corporate plan. But, many of us who would like longer queues or a couple of more personal accounts, find the jump to awesome plan too much. We really appreciate something targeted for individual users.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any movement on this? There is not one chance I'll upgrade to Business. That price hike is insane and honestly, I can't justify it at all from a budgeting standpoint. A larger queue only option would be great.

• Carolyn Allen RussellCarolyn Allen Russell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I actually can justify the Awesome Plan for my business, but still would prefer a longer queue. I'd love to see it as an add-on (you stick with whatever plan you're on, but maybe $5 more for each month that you want to do 50 more in your queue, or something like that). I'm thinking the way some cell phone plans let you go over your planned data or text usage if you'll pay more for the month - that would be ideal.

• DzierDzier commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Come on! We are the social analytics on awesome plans? These should be your first mission, not only by bussiness, for people to ...

Great idea for freelancers. For similar principle Evernote's nailed it for me with their 'Plus' membership.

I know Buffer is a B2B play, but you are leaving money on the table without a cheaper plan with just a longer queue.

I'm thinking of writing my own because the value in automatically spaced posts is high, but I can't justify $120/year for a personal service

• Sarah BauerSarah Bauer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be great! Especially for smaller business/non profits as we just begin. We use the free version, but it's still pretty limited.

• JorgeJorge commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree. I would love to upgrade to a higher level plan, but can't justify paying north of $100/yr. (This is for my personal use.)

• PetePete commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Two accounts, moderate queues, $3.95/month or $35/year.
        Seems there is a fair amount of support for this.

I'm so with this idea. Hell knows I love my Buffer as a product and for the awesome folk behind it but I just can't afford the extra for premium along with all my other gizmos I absolutely have to have whilst bootstrapping. But I would totally pay say $4 or 5 a month to stack a months worth of content. I just don't have the social media platform reach to need all the other pro features. You could even maybe add in a tweet a week that's stacked about how great Buffer is that users could use to share the word. I'd be delighted to do this as some kind of freemium marketing for extra stack options. I'd do it anyway but I'm a bit soft that way...

• RachelRachel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree with this. I have two personal twitter accounts and just want to share to both of them as they are on different subjects but cannot justify the upgrade cost for that. The queue is less of an issue but would be great if it was slightly expanded. I'd be happy to pay a little but cannot justify $10 a month for one additional twitter account. Maybe you could allow us to pick which accounts we want on the free plan and not limit it by one of each type - just limit it to a certain number.

• Dustin HamiltonDustin Hamilton commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd like to see this as well... even just $5/mo for 25 slots would be nice. I don't need all the Awesome features, just the basics. There is definitely a difference between a business' needs and a personal user needs. As a personal user I just can't justify $10/mo. I'm not cheap, it's just that Awesome is too much for my needs and I wouldn't get the true value of the plan.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base