How can we improve Buffer?

Re-Buffer All Old Posts (or Bulk Re-Buffer)

I have a Twitter quotes account where my old tweets I reuse every 2-4 months. I have 500-600 tweets at a time that I use and it's a bit time confusing to have to manually rebuffer all my old tweets.

It would be wonderful if there was a "re-buffer all" button or at least an option where you bulk re-buffer old posts.

504 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

MorganMorgan shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

80 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Oh, please, please let us have this feature! I don't want to use CoSchedule or Edgar, but they have the ability to let us set up tweets and Facebook evergreen posts to re-share, and I need for this to be in Buffer because I love Buffer please please please.

• John HollandJohn Holland commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm also evaluating alternatives that allow scheduling of evergreen content. And I just paid for the awesome version

• Aaron ReynoldsAaron Reynolds commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My Twitter accounts are a rolling library of old stuff with new stuff mixed in as I create it. Being able to automatically re-add every post to the back end of the queue would be huge for me.

• Mike DaytonMike Dayton commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with Libby's comment below. Give me a rolling inventory of previous posts that I can create a rolling library for reposting the content that gets the best interaction.

I have no idea what you're talking about. What is evergreen and what is re-buffering. I'm new to all this jargon.

• KrystalKrystal commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes we should be able to queue up evergreen content and just have it re buffer automatically. I am thinking of switching to Edgar for this one feature!

• ozanozan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with this suggestion. I recycle my tweets from Analytics but it takes so long!!

• LibbyLibby commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Completely agree. I have just finished a trial with Edgar and this is the one feature that made me even contemplate shifting from Buffer. I would like the old library of posts to be a roll on roll off system and spend my time refreshing the post rather than re buffering them.

• Wonder LeeWonder Lee commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This makes sense for companies selling product to be able to re buffer in bulk what's still available.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree! I love the scheduling tool. But even if I schedule 10 future reposts monthly, the post will eventually "expire". I think there are a few really smart things Buffer can do with categorizing and creating 'cycles' of posts that 're-cycle' through at different rates/times and perhaps that automatically add a specified hashtag per 'cycle'.

The key is to really make the relationship between poster and reader easier. Reoccurring [ (though I would prefer selective rebuffering v. blanket) would take the amazing buffer tool to the next level!

I am doing a free month with Edgar. Interesting/innovative approach. Now it is balancing the higher price point and features with Buffer's offerings!

• WaltWalt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't understand why this hasn't been added yet. I would LOVE to switch from Edgar to the Buffer Awesome plan, but the lack of a feature that automatically reposts your evergreen content is a deal breaker.

• JimmyJimmy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

yes, not having it is a major setback and having it would make the app really stand out. when is this feature going to be added? thanks

YES!! I wish....That I could automatically RE-load my numerous previous buffered tweets fm six months ago, so they can be re-Tweeted and repeated

• TanyaTanya commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have to agree with the others - this is a critical feature. Either an automated category that certain posts can be added to that will automatically recycle on a set schedule or at very least a bulk rebuffer option.

← Previous 1 3 4

Feedback and Knowledge Base