How can we improve Buffer?

Re-Buffer All Old Posts (or Bulk Re-Buffer)

I have a Twitter quotes account where my old tweets I reuse every 2-4 months. I have 500-600 tweets at a time that I use and it's a bit time confusing to have to manually rebuffer all my old tweets.

It would be wonderful if there was a "re-buffer all" button or at least an option where you bulk re-buffer old posts.

514 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

MorganMorgan shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

83 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • KonstantineKonstantine commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Seems like it's not the new topic, can buffer let's us know when this feature would be added? That's the thing, how coschedule.com, smarterqueue.com socialoomp and many other competitors are benefit. But What I love still in this buffer it's interface and integration with bulkbuffer...

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm in the same boat on a week free trial love buffer but without this option will move my business elsewear

Oh, please, please let us have this feature! I don't want to use CoSchedule or Edgar, but they have the ability to let us set up tweets and Facebook evergreen posts to re-share, and I need for this to be in Buffer because I love Buffer please please please.

• John HollandJohn Holland commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm also evaluating alternatives that allow scheduling of evergreen content. And I just paid for the awesome version

• Aaron ReynoldsAaron Reynolds commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My Twitter accounts are a rolling library of old stuff with new stuff mixed in as I create it. Being able to automatically re-add every post to the back end of the queue would be huge for me.

• Mike DaytonMike Dayton commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with Libby's comment below. Give me a rolling inventory of previous posts that I can create a rolling library for reposting the content that gets the best interaction.

I have no idea what you're talking about. What is evergreen and what is re-buffering. I'm new to all this jargon.

• KrystalKrystal commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes we should be able to queue up evergreen content and just have it re buffer automatically. I am thinking of switching to Edgar for this one feature!

• ozanozan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with this suggestion. I recycle my tweets from Analytics but it takes so long!!

• LibbyLibby commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Completely agree. I have just finished a trial with Edgar and this is the one feature that made me even contemplate shifting from Buffer. I would like the old library of posts to be a roll on roll off system and spend my time refreshing the post rather than re buffering them.

• Wonder LeeWonder Lee commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This makes sense for companies selling product to be able to re buffer in bulk what's still available.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree! I love the scheduling tool. But even if I schedule 10 future reposts monthly, the post will eventually "expire". I think there are a few really smart things Buffer can do with categorizing and creating 'cycles' of posts that 're-cycle' through at different rates/times and perhaps that automatically add a specified hashtag per 'cycle'.

The key is to really make the relationship between poster and reader easier. Reoccurring [ (though I would prefer selective rebuffering v. blanket) would take the amazing buffer tool to the next level!

I am doing a free month with Edgar. Interesting/innovative approach. Now it is balancing the higher price point and features with Buffer's offerings!

• WaltWalt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't understand why this hasn't been added yet. I would LOVE to switch from Edgar to the Buffer Awesome plan, but the lack of a feature that automatically reposts your evergreen content is a deal breaker.

← Previous 1 3 4 5

Feedback and Knowledge Base