How can we improve Buffer?

Make editing easier across accounts

I love Buffer for posting to Twitter, Facebook, and App.net. But sometimes, I notice mistakes after queuing a post to all three accounts, which means I have to edit the same post on each account. For posts like this, it would be great to just edit once on one account, then have the edits sync to all the other accounts.

118 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Daniel IgnacioDaniel Ignacio shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

12 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • joeizyjoeizy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes! This and delete should delete all of the copies of the posts on all accounts.

• TanyaTanya commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This also includes being able to add another account to a scheduled post when you realize that you missed queuing it for one of the accounts... yup, just noticed it on one of mine lol.

• WojciechWojciech commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This should be a main priority in my eyes. The multi-account support is lacking. Editing the same entry across multiple accounts is a major pain. Setting up a schedule and only allowing one account to post per each schedule is also something that needs multi-account support.

• JonoJono commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+1. This would provide us with the ability to post the same content to Twitter and Facebook, but use different or less hashtags on Facebook vs. Twitter. There are hashtags that have great value on Twitter, but no value on Facebook.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed. When you want to delete a post that you have posted to multiple pages at once, you have to go to each accounts page to do that. Editing the post (or deleting it) should be as easy as posting to all of the accounts is.

• JesseJesse commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I keep thinking over and over again there needs to be a way to do this. Now I am finally adding my voice to the feature request. Please build this in!!

• Rick CogleyRick Cogley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, this would be really nice. If you make a mistake, it is a pain to have to go to a bunch of accounts and correct it.

Feedback and Knowledge Base