How can we improve Buffer?

Custom labeling

Custom color coded labeling to categorize posts in the event you want x number of marketing related posts, x number of pictures, x number of quotes. You could label them with a color to visually see your whole week or month at a time to assess balance and how well you are following your social media plan.

108 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

ÅsaÅsa shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

48 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  · 

Yesss. This would be great. I need a paid account. this is the only reason i am considering meetedgar.

• Anonymous commented  · 

I work for an organization with multiple business units sharing the same social feeds. It would be really useful to be able to tag and then filter posts AND analytics by type.

In my organization's case we'd want to tag business unit (service / client focus), but for other people, it could be things like tracking what performs better - a blog or an infographic or a video?

• NikiNiki commented  · 

Be able to edit either the background or the border of scheduled posts with a colour. I break my content into themes: Engagement, 3rd party, blog content, influencer shoutout, etc... if I could assign each one a colour (even a light colour) I could see at a glance a good mix of the content or perhaps when there's too many of one type etc.
        Loving this feedback thing by the way! :)

• Anonymous commented  · 

I nearly switched over to MeetEdgar this week just because they offer this feature. It's invaluable in being able to schedule balanced content.

• Kevin Ryan O'ConnorKevin Ryan O'Connor commented  · 

It would be cool to categorize or tag a post into different groups or social campaigns so that you can go back and check the success of each social campaign.

Instead of having to search for each post individually this will allow all of the posts about a certain event to be in one place.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Oh darn. I just signed up for the awesome trial thinking Buffer already had this feature... :( :( :(
        The ability to plan out posts weekly and push them out say 7 curated, 2 photo, 2 retweet, etc per day was what I hoped this could do for me.

• BufferAdminBuffer (Admin, Buffer) commented  · 

Hey there!

Thanks so much (we love you too!).

I'm going to merge this idea with another similar idea of custom labels for posting. I think labels/tags apply to both posting and reporting. :)

Cheers,
        Mike from Buffer

• TylerTyler commented  · 

Hey folks! My company Vinyl Me, Please uses Buffer for all our social stuff and we love you. I mean that from the bottom of our hearts. I'm heading up growing our audio shows (podcasts/DJ sets/etc etc) and am trying to find a way to track our analytics week in and week out for just our audio article posts. Is there a way I can tag them on the backend to do that? Would love to be able to sort our analytics by custom tags, it'd be super useful across a few different areas of our business. Just dropping this idea here, feel free to do with it as you see fit!

• Anonymous commented  · 

I would like to create different categories of updates (e.g., quotes+photos, Product updates, Articles/FYI, #hashtag days, Local Biz features, etc). Is it possible to set different schedules for each category to buffer from? Or do I need to just schedule a specific time for each post every time?

• EpiphoraEpiphora commented  · 

Being able to color-code posts in the backend of Buffer would allow me to more easily see which posts are promos, which are more personal, which are about a particular topic, etc, so I can make sure my feed content is diverse.

• Vova ZakharovVova Zakharov commented  · 

This is easily the MOST missed feature in Buffer. I currently need to manage a separate spreadsheet, and count — MANUALLY — all the posts of different types I have for each of the TEN profiles managed. It takes me around two hours of work time two times a week.

• StephenStephen commented  · 

I'd like to suggest the feature to tag messages to help in tracking and organization of scheduled and published messages. For example, this would be a great feature to have when you want to track messages that are sent out for a campaign and want to be able to quickly find them in analytics to track performance.

• Scott ClarkScott Clark commented  · 

Brilliant... I would use this for "personal" posts and "consultant/busines" posts that would vary based on working hours or eves/weekends.

• AdrianAdrian commented  · 

I 100% agree with the tagging idea. I want to be able to tag scheduled spots as well. For instance, I have a schedule set for 5 posts per day. I want to spread out which type of post happens when. I want to tag the schedule with "photo," "quote," "my blog," etc. Then if I'm sitting with 50 quotes in front of me, I can just type and tag with the "quote" tag and Buffer automatically fills in the quote time slots instead of having to manually do it or drag them around to fill. Now I have 25 photos, same thing. Tag the photo with "photo" and it fills the photo slots. That would make my life so much easier.

• MichelleMichelle commented  · 

I would love to see a feature where we can "tag" our Buffered posts to make re-Buffering easier.

Example: I tag my blog posts as My Posts and when I want to re-Buffer just my own blog posts, I can go to the Analytics tab and filter/search by My Posts tag and re-Buffer quick & easy ;)

• G. Wayne MeaneyG. Wayne Meaney commented  · 

3 votes for this from me—exactly what Dinah Russell said below.

This is also good for Buffer's business, as categorisation is what Meet Edgar's does. Build this into Buffer and you neutralise the competitor's edge.

• Richard KeehnRichard Keehn commented  · 

I'd like the ability to tag my posts with specific tags. This would help tremendously in being able to sort and rebuffer posts. It would be really nice to be able to add workflow like options to these tags as well. Such as automatic rebuffer once posted.

• MarkMark commented  · 

I would really love this - to be able to TAG my posts based on my strategy, will then allow me to see which strategies are working

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  · 

I'd like the ability to add tags to posts so I can easy find tweets that can be repeated etc

So when queuing a tweet I can add a tag then search by tag in my archives (News, Picture, Quote, Video)

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base