How can we improve Buffer?

Offline buffering

An offline buffer to save thoughts for tweeting while in the tube or stack up my Pocket reads from my iPod touch when not connected

134 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

ChrisChris shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

13 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Keith BradnamKeith Bradnam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm currently using the Buffer blog idea (from Kevan?) of using a spare Twitter account to be my offline buffer (with all scheduling turned off). It works but is a bit of a kludge. Would love it if Buffer integrated this type of feature directly.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would definitely help when wanting to get caught up on content publication while on a long flight without wifi

• Aaron FriedmanAaron Friedman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just used 3 votes on this because I believe in this so much. I read most of what I have on Pocket offline mode, but I always want to share it after I read it (most of the time). What I find myself doing is using my phones data, going into pocket, finding the article and buffering it. But I would much prefer to add everything to my buffer offline mode, and then having it sync after. It would be incredible.

• Paul MurphyPaul Murphy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Couldn't you do this with ifttt? Tag anything interesting as bufferable content, then have an ifttt recipe to monitor your pocket and push anything to buffer that is tagged.

• Thierry AndriamiradoThierry Andriamirado commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A long awaited one, as we don't always have a wifi connection in some countries, like in Madagascar. Same thing when I travel in France, actually. And many Android pads just have wifi (no 3g/4g).
        The mobile buffer app should be able to queue items while offline, and send them to the buffer servers once back online.

• EricEric commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Great idea. I am a New York City subway commuter and I consider this a major limitation to the usefulness of the app. My primetime for reading and sharing is on the subway when there is no internet available.

• Rafael ReinoldesRafael Reinoldes commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

But it should have a limit for fewer posts, since you could end up queuing 8 itens in one phone and 9 in another, and when both become online, this should not enquee more than 10 itens itens (on free accounts).

• Kelson VibberKelson Vibber commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ditto, only for Android. I tend to put things in Pocket for offline reading on my Nexus 7, and would like to be able to queue up the interesting ones for sharing as I finish them.

• Brian LovinBrian Lovin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thanks for this one Chris, I love this idea! I'll see what's possible on our apps to make this happen :)

• ManuelManuel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I couldn't agree more. Usually I have time to read stuff in POCKET when I am on a plane or not connected to the internet. It is bothersome though that I have to tag the content that I want to post and come back later to do it.

Feedback and Knowledge Base