How can we improve Buffer?

Global Calendar View

The calendar view is nice. We think it would be even better if we could see all our posts across all profiles in one view. This would make spotting overlaps or out-of-sync issues much easier.

66 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

RickRick shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

27 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • JulianJulian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be super useful and would add a ton of value to Buffer imo.
        I'm almost surprised this is not already a thing as I would always benefit more from having an overview over all of my channels upcoming activities. That's why I would need the calendar view in the first place. For single channels the list view is fine.
        It shouldn't be just "all profiles" though, but you should have the option to select or group channels as I guess some freelancers and agencies manage accounts from different brands or projects with the same login.
        Please consider this Buffer! I think, if you would also integrate with Wordpress this new calendar would help you to target a whole new user group, who either use the (for freelancers and bloggers overpriced) CoSchedule, weird Wordpress plugins or unnecessary print-out/numbers templates.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Commenting again because the amount of finagling I'm having to do connecting apps like Trello to Zapier to Calendars in order to create a global view of all of my content is getting way out of hand

• Janna SzangoliesJanna Szangolies commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

To reiterate what others have said: Being able to group accounts for each brand (just being able to group accounts generally would be helpful) into one calendar view and make adjustments would be great.
        It would also be fantastic to use this tool as a content subject matter planner eg be able to add topics and notes to days in the calendar which then get turned into scheduled posts once the content is ready to be added.
        Right now, a lot of posts for my brands are linked to blog topics which I need to use another calendar tool to plan. If all of my content planning was in buffer it would be absolutely magical.
        Also, I love that this wishlist system exists.

Would love to also have an indicator of some sort (maybe a little, colored dot?) for days where there is already a post scheduled. This way, when scheduling future posts, you know where you've already scheduled something on that channel for that day!

• GerryGerry commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes! Yes! In the name of all that is good and unstressed, yes!
        Want to reschedule a post on multiple profiles? Have to click into all of them, one at a time, like some sort of medieval serf. We're living in the future, dammit. It's all self-driving cars and Elon Musks now. Surely we can have a combined view of all posts so we can easily move or delete across different social media platforms. Get the Buffer Boffins working on this. Never mind all that other stuff (whatever it is). This is the ONE. This.

• Sarah ChoateSarah Choate commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I really need something like this for my company's social media content calendar -- We are one system that envelops three distinct brands and each brand has several social media accounts each. It would be great to be able to select a group of social media profiles and see a calendar view for that group so I could have a more holistic view of what content we are putting out for each brand and as a complete system. I'm trying to create something that does this via zapier/google calendar or trello, but that gets very complicated due to the volume of social accounts I am dealing with. A buffer native merged calendar view would streamline my process significantly.

• Lauren GoldsteinLauren Goldstein commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You guys "sorta" got the idea with calendar view but the issue is that you siloed it. It would be MUCH more beneficial for us if we could select the accounts we want and see a full schedule of it either by week or month. It is such a pain in the butt to try and rearrange or see what you have to plan because we have to go to each individual account instead of being able to see all of our content/channels (or the ones we choose) all at one time. This glaring oversight is where hootsuite beats you - add this and they won't be much of a competitor anymore!

I need this feature! Just tried a competitor that offered this, but unfortunately every other part of their system was more convoluted, including not having an option to reschedule posts.

This feels like basic hygiene and is a must for managing a brand across multiple platforms - no one wants to have to cross reference 3 calendars and most people will be wasting time aggregating onto a separate doc which is a problem I want my $99 per month to solve.

• Todd BalsleyTodd Balsley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ideally would be awesome to be able to select accounts shown, not just 'all accounts'. Use case - I manage multiple brands and need to have separation.

• Masha HollMasha Holl commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a big feature difference between Buffer and SmarterQueue. Maybe the only real one.

• RyanRyan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Think this is what most people want! Please and thank-you.

• David TDavid T commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I was using Houtsuit before and it had this feature and its a MUST to give you an overview what is going on with all your posts to all the media. Buffer developers need to get this developed and installed to the platform ASAP.

• Melissa SwannMelissa Swann commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The ability to view multiple pages per social media option on one calendar.
        The ability to view multiple social media platforms per page on one calendar.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base