How can we improve Buffer?

Buffer for MS Edge

With Windows 10 Microsoft have introduced Edge as their new browser. At present Buffer isn't all that stable on Edge (save windows don't close, rebuffering causes Buffer to hang etc).
Would be great to have Buffer running on Edge to save me having to use two different browsers

53 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Cate CaruthCate Caruth shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

14 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Edge is much faster than Firefox & Chrome hanging a bit within the Window 10 environment: It is MENDATORY for Buffer to come up with the appropriate extension to include it into Edge! Unfortunately thus far nothing visible seems to be moving in that direction. Kind Regards: @BrunoGebarski

• LaurenLauren commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Definitely could use this. Edge works much better with Windows 10 than Chrome does, unfortunately. I love Chrome, but I have to start using Edge when I start getting a bunch of applications running due to memory management issues with Chrome.

Also, with Edge becoming the standard for many corporate environments, this would be a huge help.

• DonDon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I consider Buffer a mandatory part of my internet engagement, and my employer has standardized on Edge. Problems can occur if we try to install other browsers, please support Edge.

• Daka SkyDaka Sky commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is just obvious! I'm currently using "The Buffer Charm" app, which works well - but certainly not as efficient as an official Edge plugin. Thanks!

• Ian CalvertIan Calvert commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I asked for this when I first started using Buffer several years back and hopefully finally it will come to life! This will be great as many MSFT users have to switch to Chrome which they don't like - so hopefully, this can launched ASAP

• BonnieBonnie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm becoming more and more unhappy with Chrome and I see some future using the Edge browser but I can't consider moving without integration to Buffer. I love my Surface Pro 4 - it's the first system I've been really excited about in the last 15 years.

• Andy SyrewiczeAndy Syrewicze commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed... this is indeed a must have. Now that Edge has implemented extension support, it's going to be used more and more.

Feedback and Knowledge Base