Feedback and Ideas

How can we improve Buffer?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Draft Posts

A 'draft' function would amazing. Somewhere to save half-formed posts that you can go back to at a later date and add links, images or video, and then schedule them up as normal.

It'd be a lifesaver for those working long-lead who receive assets for posts last minute. I have notes all over the place reminding me to Buffer tweets when I receive a certain image or when a page finally goes live!

925 votes
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

67 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey folks,

Wow, it has been awesome to see all the support for this feature. Thanks so much.

I’m keen to share an update :)

We are currently working on a new team collaboration tool for Buffer for Business, which will include the ability to create Draft posts. We’re really pumped to make collaborating on posts with your team a whole lot easier.

If you’d like to keep track of how it’s shaping up, feel free to follow it out on our Transparent Roadmap: https://trello.com/c/4hkUzyAJ/30-draft-posts ((it’s a public Trello board)

Thanks for all your input and patience!

Cheers,
      Mike

• Facebook/LinkedIn Tagging

Right now I can tag a twitter user, but it won't properly reciprocate to Facebook, LinkedIn and Google+ (hence they will not be notified that I'm talking about that page or person).

This is stopping us from adopting this more broadly and still go in after and have to tag manually.

650 votes
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

48 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey everyone!

A brief update on tagging coming your way. :)

We’ve run into a couple of technical hurdles, but have started testing Facebook page-to-page tagging in the Buffer Extension. Right now it is limited to alpha testing, so we haven’t opened it up yet as a public beta just yet.

For more details, head on over to the card on our Public Roadmap: https://trello.com/c/kFiNex0J/24-mentions-for-facebook-pages

We’re bundling this new feature with some other upgrades to the dashboard composer, which we expect will be rolling out closer to the end of Q2 / start of Q3. Sorry about the vagueness, it is a bit of a moving target right now.

Thanks for your stellar patience. :)

Cheers,
        Mike

• Suggested hashtags

On sharing, based on post's words the (mobile or web) app can suggest some hashtags.

321 votes
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

30 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey everyone,

A long overdue update here from me here!

I’m excited to say we’ve started exploring hashtag suggestions in a few ways.

We’ve just recently introduced suggested hashtags for Twitter in the Buffer Extension, and are exploring suggested hashtags in our mobile apps too (you can try them out on iOS right now!)

We’ll continue to work on bringing them to other parts of Buffer too – thanks for the feedback you’ve all provided so far!

Cheers,
          - Mike from Buffer

• Instagram Feed Preview Feature

Be able to preview my Instagram feed. This feature exists on other programs (Later has an excellent feature that shows how the feed will look on a smartphone screen) and is invaluable. With Buffer it is difficult to imagine how all of the images will look once they are in the feed.The Buffer calendar feature does not even show small images when looking at the month.

11 votes
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the fantastic suggestion, Carol! Excited to share that we’ve begun research and design into a feature that will let you see a preview of your Instagram feed so that you can see how your scheduled posts will look once they’re sent out. This is the first of many improvements to make Instagram super smooth in Buffer and we’ll keep this updated as we make progress!

• Implement the newly available Facebook APIs to enable Page to Page tagging.

Implement the newly available Facebook APIs to enable Page to Page tagging.

50 votes
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey everyone :)

Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts on this idea. I’m excited to let you all know that we have started building this and are making good progress. The back-end is built, next steps are hooking up the front end and requesting access from Facebook!

I’ll be sure to keep you updated :)

• Add comments to posts waiting for approval (and a rejection button with comments)

our current process is the content marketer drafts the message before sending to me for approval. is there functionality within buffer for me to add feedback as comments within buffer or rejecting the message so that the content marketer can rework it? this is ideal rather than me deleting the entry entirely

23 votes
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks so much for the great suggestion! This is something that we’ve heard quite a bit of and I’m excited to share that we’ve started working on a method of making this possible within Buffer.

I’ll keep this idea updated as we make progress, currently we’re sketching out initial designs and making sure that this works smoothly for managers and contributors.

• Export Analytics to PDF

When managing multiple clients, providing analytics manually is a pain. I want one click. Sprout Social is not as good at scheduling but they are killing it with Analytics. I want to be able to see every option in the graph (not just 2 at a time) and I want to be able to export the PDF of the graph in 1 click. Ideally it would have my business branding as well and any other logo's I'd like to have on it (usually the client logo and my own).

As it stands I will have to stop the business package…

41 votes
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks so much for the awesome suggestion here Adam! I think you’re definitely right that we’ve needed this for a while and we’re really keen to help make this process smoother. So sorry for the long delay, I know that must not feel great at all!

We’re currently exploring ways to make this easy and are really eager to move quickly here!

• Buffer Scheduling

Pin/Fix a post to specific date and time while remaining within the buffer schedule. For example, Fix a post to Christmas Day but when additional posts are added to the queue, they do not fall on Christmas day because that slot is already taken by the fixed post.

24 votes
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks so much for the amazing suggestions and comments here! Really sorry about the long delay in getting to this, I could definitely see how useful it would be to pin posts to specific times in your schedule. :)

Excited to share that we’re working on a way to make this possible and are hoping to get something in your hands really soon!

• Customised Reporting

when creating the reports to be able to have them as a pdf as well as a csv file, also the option for customer/agency branding to be carried on the report.

13 votes
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the great suggestion here Ben, can definitely see this being really useful! Happy to share that we’ve started exploring some ways we could help make this really smooth and convenient, hoping to have something testable soon. :)

• "In Review" Post Scheduling

It would be great to be able to change the scheduling of posts that are in review before approving them.

6 votes
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Love this suggestion! We’re working on making this really easy to do as part of a larger improvement we’re making to collaboration within Buffer. Hope to have an update for you here soon!

• Buffer adding a search feature

I hold a buffer acct that has 50+ in our buffer. I would like to be able to search for an acct quickly and not scroll thru my entire buffer. If there was a search feature I could type the acct name in and find it.

58 votes
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi everyone, thanks so much for the amazing suggestions and comments here! We’ve recently added a search option for profiles on all business plans and are working hard to add searching posts soon too. Thanks so much for your patience with us on this one! :)

• Add more than one photo or a pdf for social media sites that except them IE Linkedin

It would be nice to post a flyer with mutiple images or pdf with information about items to sites that accept it in the scheduler.

3 votes
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)

• Push Notification on Android and Iphone App

Team collaboration will be much effective if Content Manager will be notified whenever they have to approve a post or if there's new contribution.Having this on the app will be AWESOME!

4 votes
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks so much for the awesome suggestion here Fritz! Really happy to share that we’ve begun work on adding this into the iOS app and will hopefully have that available in the near future. Thanks so much for helping us improve Buffer! :)

• We'd love to see a "change history" option in here for team usage.

We have multiple people working on projects and would love to see edits. If we could see who made changes and when, it would help our workflow and approval process.

2 votes
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi there Tommy! Thanks for the really great suggestion, totally agree that being able to see edits and changes could be really useful.

We’ve recently started on a new approval process that will hopefully make this much easier. Will keep this thread updated as we make progress!

• Assign a post to a certain time within your schedule

It would be helpful to be able to assign a post to a spot in your buffer schedule that is not just the next available slot.

For example:
                                If you want to schedule a post for 2pm (the optimal time for you to tweet) in 3 days time when this is not the next available slot in your buffer you have to schedule it. Then if you fill up your buffer feed you will have two posts scheduled for the same time.

6 votes
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there Heather, thanks so much for the awesome suggestion! Really happy to share that we’re exploring some ideas that will hopefully make this quite a bit easier and would love to keep you updated here as we make more progress on this one. :-)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Ideas

Feedback and Knowledge Base