Feedback and Ideas

How can we improve Buffer?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. The ability to switch user accounts without logging out.

In the same way that you can access different accounts in google on the web and with twitter inside their app. As I manage two accounts, my own and another company and I need to keep them separate, it would be awesome if we could just switch accounts instead of having to log-out and then back-in again. Especially as I have 2-step loving enabled on of the accounts.

11 votes
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Michael, thanks so much for the really great suggestion here! We’ve started looking at this process again very recently and are exploring some ideas to make it much easier to manage multiple accounts or businesses in Buffer. Will be sure to keep this idea updated if we move further along with anything!

• Incorporate a pause option for scheduled posts.

Right now, I have to cancel a post in order to pause it. But then I lose the layout of the actual post that I had setup. See example: https://cloudup.com/c8YjEhFDCaM Add a pause option.

388 votes
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

38 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi there,

Thanks so much for the amazing suggestions and support here! Definitely can see how valuable it would be to quickly pause your posting schedule without losing your posts or the order that they’re in.

At the moment our recommended method for pausing your schedule is by going to the Schedule tab and then clicking on the day or days that you’d like to pause posting. Then, when you’re ready to resume, just click on the days in your schedule again to re-activate them. (Quick note: this currently only works for posts in your regular queue and won’t affect any posts that were custom scheduled for a specific time.)

I know this workaround isn’t ideal at all and we’re currently exploring a few ways that we can make this easier. Would love to hear any ideas you might have for this or how you’d use a pause feature within…

• 586 votes
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

59 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey folks!

Thanks so much for your patience here and I’m really sorry it has taken me so long to update this thread.

We’ve mentioned a couple of new features relating to this request, and I’d love to provide an update on both.

1) The Power Scheduler.

The Power Scheduler is still available to use in the Buffer Extension. Thanks for all the feedback you’ve provided on it so far – it has got us thinking a lot about how to support people who want to deliver great content across different social channels. It’s likely we’ll be revisiting the Power Scheduler again at some point, but for now I don’t quite have a timeline for any major updates or changes.

2) The Content Library

This was a beta feature that we were trialling last year that enabled folks to repeat the same post multiple times from within the Buffer dashboard.…

• Automatically post from RSS feed

Would love to be able to have the RSS feed function automatically queue up your articles/blog posts to your social media feed, ideally via a configurable template. (Eg: Post title, shortened URL, hashtag). Functionality would be similar to the Revive Old Post plugin for WP.

205 votes
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

35 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi there everyone! Super grateful for all of the suggestions and encouragement here. I’m updating this status as we’re doing an in-depth research into Feeds to see what next steps would provide the most value and this one is definitely on our radar!

If you’d like to get this working right away, you can connect Buffer and your favorite RSS feed using a tool like Zapier or IFTTT. I know it isn’t ideal to have to use another tool and will keep this idea updated!

• Preview Posts on social sites

ability to preview what a post would look like on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, G+ etc...

50 votes
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

Exploring  ·  9 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • Sort Analytics by Clicks, Potential Views, Favorites, Retweets and Engagements for iPhone & Android

From a marketer and social media strategist point of view, it would be really handy to have such a feature. Especially for iPhone and Android as I'm always on the go and would love to be able to sort my analytics to see what tweets have the most engagements.

Would be a real time saver for marketers and social media strategists and for anyone wanting to sort their Analytics.

6 votes
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

Exploring  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • Allow for Retweet Comments

Twitter has added a comment feature for retweets allowing you to add an up to 140-character comment in addition to the whole original tweet. This means you don't have to try to squeeze your commentary in before the RT. However, I don't see that Buffer allows this through its interface, at least yet. I would love to see this functionality added.

9 votes
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

Exploring  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                • Add a simple grid + Smart Guides

Pablo allows to insert some interesting visual and text elements into a well proportioned canvas... but it don't helps the (probably) style-perception-lack SM manager to well distributes all of them on that canvas.
                  So, how to solve that problem easily?
                  By adding a simple 9-blocks grid.
                  How to solve that problem and fill Pablo with unicorns?
                  By adding that grid and allow all the floating elements to auto-align to a middle horizontal and a middle vertical guides - just like balsamiq, and adobe illustrator, for example.

My two cents ;)

5 votes
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)

Exploring  ·  5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                  • 27 votes
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                      Exploring  ·  ÅsaÅsa responded

Would be such a great addition to Daily! Thanks for adding this one Titouan! Andy and the team is on it :)

• PAGINATION IN ANALYTICS

There is a strong need to do pagination in the analytics. Whenever i try to find some old scheduled post it always starts to hang and it becomes so hard to find old posts. So if there will be pagination in analytics according to date/month/year. Then it will be very easy for us t find.

Thanks!

6 votes
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Wow, thanks so much for the great suggestion here and for adding your support! Can definitely see how pagination might help.

We’re exploring a few ideas here and I’d love to chat with you about how you do this process currently, if you might have a moment you can reply directly to this email. Thanks so much! :)

• 16 votes
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                        • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Ideas

Feedback and Knowledge Base