Feedback and Ideas

Important notice: This forum is closing on October 4, 2017

Thank you so much for being a part of our UserVoice community. We are currently in the process of migrating feature requests and ideas to a new platform and will be closing this forum on October 4, 2017. Until then, you can still add your ideas and votes here. We’ll be reading them all before we make the move!

It has been such a privilege to hear your ideas and benefit from your support and we’re excited to continue to build a better Buffer together. To stay up to date with us in the meantime, feel free to check out our public product roadmap.

How can we improve Buffer?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Tagging photos in scheduled posts for twitter

If you could offer us the opportunity of tagging accounts in the photo of the scheduled post. This would be a super greAt help for me which helps getting more retweets for the accounts I manage.

303 votes
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Thanks so much for the votes and comments on this one! I know that tagging people in photos is something that would be amazing to handle through Buffer.

At the moment, Twitter has not added this to their API support for third party tools like Buffer, so photo tagging is currently only available directly through Twitter.com. We’d be really eager to add this as soon as possible and will keep you all updated if anything changes!

Cheers,
      Patrik

• Schedule polls for twitter

Would like to be able to schedule polls for twitter. With the option of having a choice between 2,3, and 4 responses for the poll answers. This way accounts like @tweetedpolls are able to have them more spread out and not just tweet a bunch at one time each day manually

101 votes
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks so much for the suggestion and votes on this one! I really enjoy using Twitter polls and would personally use this feature a LOT within Buffer. :)

At the moment, Twitter isn’t allowing third party tools like Buffer to access or post Polls. What we’ve noticed is that with new features like this, which might change quickly, Twitter prefers to wait until it’s in a more “stable” place before adding API support to it.

We’ll definitely keep a close eye on this and would be really excited to add polls support as soon as we can!

Cheers,
        Patrik

• Increase file size limit for GIFs

The current file size limit of 3MB is far below the 15MB limit Twitter now offers natively for GIFs and sadly not enough. Right now using a mixture of Buffer and Twitter Dashboard due to this limitation, but that's not a great setup.

9 votes
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks so much for the nudge here folks!

Unfortunately, because we are a 3rd party app, we are still restricted to a maximum of 3mb for GIF uploads. We love GIFs at Buffer so we really hope that this restriction might be lifted at some point! Sorry not to have better news for you all today.

• Instagram auto sending on phone

Hmm I think my thing just got discarded. Well, I'll quickly retype it (sorry if it wasn't discarded and this is a double post):
          I don't have instagram myself but I had the idea - What if the new buffer for instagram could open the app and press stuff for you (in case the user is inactive I guess). This must be possible since AutoInput can press on the screen. Not sure if I'm correct, but I did some digging and chose to believe https://github.com/robotiumtech/robotium could serve this purpose

I get if you don't want to implement this.
          Thanks for…

4 votes
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks so much for the suggestion here, LEGOlord208! Definitely agree that the ultimate solution for Instagram would be autoposting on your behalf.

We’re constantly exploring options here that will be useful for anyone wanting to post more consistently on Instagram while making sure that we keep security top-of-mind as well! :)

Cheers,
            Patrik

• Automatically adding a special character before "@"

Just a small feature suggestion that would help a ton - when drafting a tweet, if the tweet starts with an "@", it highly limits its reach. Hence, during drafting tweets, it becomes a chore when one has to constantly go back and check whether there is another character before the @. Wanted to suggest a feature addition which, if enabled, would automatically add a period (.) or any other special character of your choice, in cases where the tweet starts with a @. This may be a very specific use-case, so not sure if it can be converted into…

1 vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

This is such a great idea, thanks so much for sharing it with us! Makes total sense that you might want a tweet starting with an @-username to reach more than just that person (since it’s not a reply).

I think that Twitter might be planning to make a global change to the platform soon that will eliminate the need for characters before an @-symbol: https://blog.twitter.com/express-even-more-in-140-characters

We’ll be keeping an eye on that and excited to update this thread when it’s working!

Cheers,
              Patrik

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Ideas

Feedback and Knowledge Base